This two-story building was under construction in 1907, and for a short time housed part-owner Charles Antilla’s dry goods store. In 1912, new owners Ed Ricketts and C. V. Lucas located their Okay Meat Market, later the Red Lodge Meat Market, on the ground floor. The photography studio of Tofferi and Hongell occupied the upper floor from 1908 to 1918. Though the lower storefront has been remodeled, the upper façade retains the buff masonry, attractively corbelled parapet, and sandstone trim typical of local early-twentieth-century commercial architecture.

Images

Map

17 South Broadway, Red Lodge, Montana ~ private