This distinctive two-story brick building designed by W. H. Perham of Butte enlivens the district’s architectural landscape. Red Lodge jeweler Allen H. Davis opened his well-equipped new shop here in the original one-story building in 1902. Expansion in 1906 added the second floor with its false-front, sheet metal cornice and wood-paneled oriel windows. The lovely bays, though common in vernacular western architecture, are the town’s only example of this detail. The tin ceiling that graced the interior of Davis’ shop remains today.

Images

Map

16 North Broadway, Red Lodge, Montana ~ private