Originally intended as a meeting hall with storefront space, tenants Byton Down and Robert Pryde redesigned the building’s ground floor before its completion for use as a theater. When the Iris opened in 1925, residents viewed it as welcome competition since ownership of Red Lodge theaters had previously been monopolized by one family. The Slavonian National Protective Society used the upper floor meeting hall while the front section held an apartment. Sound equipment was added in 1929 and the Iris, later the Park Theater, operated until 1961. Distinctive brickwork in red and buff and the 1930s marquee distinguish this Red Lodge landmark.