This popular gathering place, one of Miles City’s oldest established businesses, has been proclaimed by connoisseurs the perfect bar. Originally a saloon (1893), then a fine saddlery (1900-1907), businessman James Kenney purchased the property in 1908 to house his Montana Saloon. Architect Brynjulf Rivenes designed the 1913 Renaissance Revival style façade and the double structure was renamed the Kenney Block. The spacious saloon, occupying half the ground-floor space, features one of the state’s best preserved historic interiors. The original pressed tin ceiling, three-pillared back bar, mosaic floor tiles, paddle fans, leather booths, wooden cooler, and leaded glass (with vintage bullet hole) invite a journey into Montana’s colorful past.