First Presbyterian Church

Butte National Historic Landmark District

While Butte’s personality was taking shape in the form of impressive commercial buildings, the construction of five major churches in little more than two decades added grace and eloquence to the city's demeanor. The Presbyterians, organized in Butte in 1878, commissioned the town’s most prominent architect, H. M. Patterson, to design their new church. Patterson, whose style left an indelible print on Butte’s streetscape, completed the building in 1896. The wood-frame construction with brick veneer is enhanced by a square tower, double arched doors, and an elaborate stained glass window set in Gothic arches.

Images

Map

215 West Broadway , Butte, Montana ~ Private