A prominent location on a corner lot allows full appreciation of this grand church, built in 1899. Its unknown designer employed a central tower as the focal point, with two arched entrances and double windows the length of the tower on either side. Triple-arched windows richly enhanced by stained glass dominate both the south and east façades. Architecturally similar to the First Baptist Church built two blocks north a few years later, the two ecclesiastical buildings share a semicircular arrangement of pews in the sanctuary. In 1906, the church was the site of a lecture delivered by noted social reformer and photographer Jacob Riis.